Drains in Los Lunas
Residential & Commercial Drain Services in Central New Mexico
Ortega Plumbing & Heating has more than 20 years of experience servicing drains in Los Lunas and throughout Central New Mexico. We are equipped to solve any residential or commercial drain problem with efficient drain cleaning and repairs. You can expect quality work with upfront, flat rate pricing for any problem with any drain.
If you have a drain problem, call (505) 278-5084 for top quality services at affordable prices.
Keeping Your Drains Flowing
The drains in homes and commercial properties are under constant use. Over time, debris and objects that are washed down the drain can accumulate inside the pipe. As debris builds up, the water will begin to drain slowly until the drain becomes clogged or completely blocked.
Causes of drain clogs may include:
- Food scraps
- Soap scum
- Objects dropped in drains or flushed
Don’t be tempted to use the drain cleaning liquids and gels sold in stores. These are not very effective and can cause damage to the pipes when used too often or with older pipes. Professional drain cleaning methods are more effective and safer for your plumbing system.
In some cases, a drain problem may require more than cleaning to restore the drain’s function. When clogs become very large, they can damage the drainpipe. In this situation, drain repair may be recommended to get your drain working again.
You can reduce future drain clogs when you:
- Keep oil and grease out of the drains – Do not pour grease or cooking oil down the drain because they stick to the inside of the pipe and cause clogs. Throw these items in the garbage and not in the drain.
- Use hair and lint catchers – Hair causes many tub and shower clogs. In the laundry room, lint can be a primary cause of clogs. Using hair or lint catchers can keep debris out of the drain.
- Watch what you put down the disposal – Avoid overloading the garbage disposal to prevent clogs. Certain foods should not be put into the garbage disposal at all, such as coffee grounds, eggshells, celery, pasta, or bones.
- Don’t flush anything except toilet paper – Toilet clogs are often caused by flushing things that should not be flushed. Do not flush feminine products, cotton swabs, baby wipes, or even flushable wipes to avoid clogs in the drain.
- Rinse drains with hot water after using disposal – Run the hot water after using the garbage disposal to rinse away any residue to keep the drain clear.
The other thing you should always do is deal with any problems that arise with your drains in Los Lunas right away. Remember that slow drains eventually become clogged and clogged drains will eventually damage the drainpipe. Treating your drains with care and addressing problems immediately will keep your drains flowing freely.
We Love Our Community
We are proud to serve the community we live in and love. We have a unique understanding of your local needs and will work with you to solve your problem.
Honest, Flat Rate Pricing
We believe in quality service at the right price so we will give you honest, up front pricing before we complete any work.
Quick, Responsive Service
We understand that your time is valuable and we are all committed to solving your problem in a timely way.
We highly recommend them to others.- Jane H.
Regardless of the problem with your Los Lunas drains, the experienced plumbers at Ortega Plumbing & Heating will solve it. We will inspect your drain to locate the problem and determine the most efficient and cost-effective way to restore the function of your drain. We offer affordable service with flat rate, upfront prices, and diagnostic fees.
Get in touch with us at (505) 278-5084 for help with any problem with your drains.
We take the stress out of repair and are committed to working with you to find the right solution today. Fill out our easy form or call us at 505-278-5084 to talk to our team.